Thursday, February 23, 2012

Good day....thank you!

Man, there is nothing like a birthday to make ya feel special...set apart...my "Laura-ness" emphasized. In a season of my life where my identity tends to be tied to motherhood, good or bad, the love and attention of friends and family who know me--pre-kids--and appreciate me for ME just really means a lot. So thank you for acknowledging my birthday everyone! I have a renewed desire to share my appreciation for others on their birthday because it means so much to me on my special day!

We woke up to birds chirping, sun shining, and the distant sound of a lawn mower. LOVE IT!!! I opened all the windows upstairs to let the fresh breeze blow throughout the house. Ahhhh.... I made yummy cranberry, walnut pancakes and Indian tea, and then the four of us went out to "play" in the backyard. Believe it or not, the one thing I wanted to do on my birthday was clean up the backyard. While Deep worked on sweeping the pool, I pulled weeds, planted flowers, trimmed bushes, and soaked up as much sun as I could!! It was so fun to watch Ari frolic around, her little curls bouncing whenever she moved... hahaha my little "helper". And Cubby...poor little guy...can't walk yet and crawls around like a mad-man in search of something...anything...And when he finds it it's promptly pulled from his grubby little hands (or mouth if I'm not fast enough) which frustrates him to no end (and needless to say I was more than happy to put him down for his morning nap). Overall productive--always feels good!!

During the kids' afternoon naps my sweet brother came to the house and Deep took me out for a coffee date. We found a renowned bakery so I could get the German chocolate cake I'd been craving, and we took it to one of my favorite coffee shops and people watched. It was so fun to get dressed up and have a sweet little date with my hubs--not worrying if Cabe was putting something in his mouth. I felt pretty, carefree, special...and as funny as it sounds, young (that might be because this is the first birthday in three years I have not either been pregnant or breastfeeding). We then grabbed burgers and fries and headed home to spend the rest of the evening together, the four of us, in our jammies, max'n and relax'n.

As I think back...the special things Deep did for me throughout the day, the many texts, videos, phone calls, and Facebook messages I received from friends/family, my bro's kindness, and Ari's little voice calling out periodically "Hoppy birday mommy" just puts the biggest smile on my face right now. Good day!...and good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment