Thursday, January 5, 2012

For those, like me, who are wishing they didn't drink so much eggnog over Christmas.... :/

As many of you know I've battled my weight for, well, as long as I can remember and today is no exception. As I'm working to lose baby/holiday weight (can I still use Caleb as an excuse to be overweight??), this phrase I heard recently has become my new mantra:
                         
                                      "If you ain't mov'n, you ain't los'n"

Its catchy, but its also been a good reminder that I don't have to go for a long run every day in order to get "exercise". As long as I'm moving and burning calories, I'm losing weight. At the end of the day, its about burning more calories than you take in (and that obviously requires sensible eating as well). For me "mov'n" means doing jumping jacks while I microwave something, or shadowboxing while I'm waiting for Ari on the toilet, or "forgetting" something upstairs so I'm forced to make two trips ;) As a mom of two young kids (who don't like to sit in the stroller), with a husband who travels, I've had to get creative. Parking far from a building to get those extra steps, running instead of walking up the stairs, singing "Father Abraham" five times in a row (with the actions, of course), or doing simple floor exercises while watching TV...all these things add up and will help the numbers on the scale go down!!

Since this phrase, for some odd reason,  has motivated me lately I thought I'd share it! And so, Ladies and Gents, again I remind you (and myself)....if you ain't MOV'N you ain't LOS'N!!!!!

...and as a side note, my parents--who are committed to exercise and healthy living--have been trying to tell me this for years, but you know how it is, sometimes it has to come from an 'outside source' ;)

2 comments:

  1. I love this! I agree..and I have recently taken to some of the same methods. I find Walmart has a gigantic parking lot! :)

    ReplyDelete